WHAT WE DO
The Scalable Thermal Engineering Lab (STEEL) develops thermal energy conversion technologies and thermal transport technologies. The lab is located within the Carbon Neutral Energy Solution (CNES) building, which is the flagship energy research facility on Georgia Tech’s campus. STEEL is part of the GWW School of Mechanical Engineering and is under the direction of Prof. Shannon Yee.
WHO WE ARE
We are an inclusive team of undergraduate researchers, graduate (MS & PhD) researchers, post-doctoral researchers, and professional research engineers and scientists, working on some of the most pressing energy, sustainability, and climate related challenges. Contact Prof. Yee with your resume if you are interested in joining STEEL.
Find out more about the team:
KEEP UP WITH STEEL
STEEL Sponsors & Research Funding from:
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research-Young Investigator Program (AFOSR-YIP)
- Office of Naval Research-Young Investigator Program (ONR-YIP)
- DARPA-Defence Science Office
- DOE-Building Technology Office (BTO)
- DOE-Solar Energy Technology Office (SETO)
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Private Industry Sponsors